APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 15, 2020
MOH-CIP 2020/2021 Application Checklist
Application Packages are to be emailed to the CIP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. New applicants (must be Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident)
- CIP Application 2020
- initialed by applicant (clinical Department & Funding)
- signed by applicant
- signed by Program Director
- signed by prospective Research Supervisor
- signed by Graduate Unit (graduate stream), verifying acceptance, or supply confirmation of acceptance as available.
- Please note: Your acceptance into CIP and/or for MOH-CIP funding is conditional upon acceptance into your graduate unit.
- Current CV
- Letter from prospective supervisor in support of the application
- Letter from RCPSC Clinical Program Director (copied to the Clinical Chair and Department Business Manager) in support of the application committing to 2 years of funding from department sources, regardless of whether the application is approved for a Ministry of Health funded position. This letter must also guarantee a minimum of 80% protected research time.
- A one-page Letter of Intent from trainee – outlining why applicant is interested in CIP, what applicant hopes to achieve by participating in CIP, and applicant's future goals as a Clinician Scientist
- A one-page description of the nature of the research the trainee will be undertaking in CIP if their application is successful.
Postdoctoral stream applicants supply all of the above except Graduate Unit acceptance verification. See application form for further submission requirements.
2. Current trainees (must be Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident) - Please note: trainees are not eligible to receive the MOH-CIP funding a second time if they were previously awarded the funding.
- Current CV
- Letter from Clinical Program Director in support of funding and outlining the sources of funding support the resident has received to date from the department or external sources, copied as above.
- Letter from current supervisor outlining your research progress in the graduate program to date.
- A one-page statement of current project, progress, and future plans.