The following is a checklist for CIP applicants to guide them, in addition to the CIP Application. The deadlines will vary depending upon which clinical specialty/subspecialty you are in and to which graduate department you are applying. The dates listed here are for reference only. Make sure you check with the clinical department and graduate unit directly for official deadline dates.
1. CIP Application
Applications for the competition of Ministry of Health-CIP funding of 14 positions are accepted each year as part of general admission for July program start, but with a January 15, 2020 deadline.
Other Application Deadlines are:
- May 1 for July 1 start
- November 1 for January 1 start
Download the 2020 CIP Application here.
2. Summary of Required Documentation:
- Program Director Letter of Support (must include confirmation of 80% time dedicated to research and confirmed funding for 2 years)
- Research Supervisor Letter of Support
- A one page letter of intent from the trainee
- A copy of the Graduate Program acceptance letter (when enrollment is confirmed)
- Current CV
- One page research proposal
3. Clinical Department Application
- Surgery – Surgeon Scientist Training Program
- Medicine – Clinician Scientist Training Program
- Psychiatry – Clinician Scientist Program
- Pediatrics – Clinician Scientist Training Program
- Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Program
- Anaesthesia – contact Clinical Program Director
- Diagnostic Radiology – contact Clinical Program Director
- Obstetrics & Gynecology – contact Clinical Program Director
- Radiation Oncology – contact Clinical Program Director
4. Graduate Unit Application
Please note: Your acceptance into CIP and/or for MOH-CIP funding is conditional upon acceptance into your graduate unit.
- Institute of Medical Science – Feb1 for Sept. start or October 1 for Jan. start (online applications)
- Institute of Health Policy Management & Evaluation – Clin. Epi, HSR – November 15 for July start
- OISE – Education Leadership and Policy, Higher Education – December 1 but check website for extensions
- Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology – February 1 (early) /June 1 for Sept. start; October 1 for Jan. start
- Department of Immunology – February 1 but see website for extensions
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health – January/February – check website
- Institute of Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering – February for Sept. start; October 1 for Jan. start
- Medical Biophysics – February 1 for September start but can apply throughout the year
- The School of Graduate Studies has a complete listing for these and all other departments and institutes.