How is the CIP administered?
The CIP is a constituent program within Postgraduate Medical Education at the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine. A Program Committee composed of faculty and trainees is responsible for all aspects of CIP. CIP is administered by a Director who is supported by the CIP Coordinator.
The CIP Director reports to the Office of Postgraduate Medical Education, has responsibility for the day to day operations of the CIP, and maintains close links with Clinical Departments and Program Directors, as well as participating graduate units.
The CIP Committee assists and advises the CIP Director on the structure and administration of the CIP program. This committee includes representation from the clinical departments, graduate units and CIP students. The CIP Committee meets regularly to review the content of the CIP and ensure that it delivers a program with value to trainees.
Your trainee representatives on the CIP Committee are:
- Dr. Alexandre Boutet, Diagnostic Radiology/Medical Imaging
- Dr. Alexsandra Leligdowicz, Adult Critical Care Medicine
- Dr. Lauren Phil, Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Dr. Melissa Roy, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Dr. Raphael Schneider, Adult Neurology
- Dr. Suppiah Suganth, Neurosurgery
Elections to replace representatives are held each fall, as required.